Runny nose and pain in my throat

Patient : I'm a 14 year old male. A few days ago I started having a sore throat. I looked into my throat and found a few things that really scared me. There is this vein looking thing in the back of my throat that is purplish, there is this red bump next to my uvula, and there is a red patch on the top of my mouth. I took pictures. Today I got my parents to take me to the doctor. The doctor said it is just some snot dripping down into my throat that is causing me my sore throat. I admit it, I'm always looking for signs of some major illness on my body. I would really appreciate it if you could answer my question. It would be a huge help. Thank you in advance.
Symptoms:  Sore throat, no coughing, snot in my throat
Runny nose and pain in my t...-1 Runny nose and pain in my t...-2 Runny nose and pain in my t...-3