Runny nose while taking Vyvanse

Patient

Q: I have been taking Vyvanse for about four years now. I've been on 20, 30, and 40mg. I'm currently on 30mg. For the past two months I have noticed that I get a runny nose when I take it. Should I consult my doctor or is it just a mild side effect?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. While taking Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) you may experience a myriad of side effects. Profuse sweating and runny nose are some of the minor side effects associated with this medication. We do not believe you should keep this from your doctor. All side effects of medications should be reported to your prescribing physician in order to determine if this can be remedied or if your dosage can be adjusted to prevent exacerbation of these side effects.

We hope this helps, AskTheDoctor.com