Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Ruptered perineal stitches and have to go back to work

Ruptered perineal stitches and have to go back to work

Patient: Ruptered perineal stitches and have to go back to work. I have an open wound about an inch or more from my rectum forward. Is there anything I can ask the doc to do at my appointment in 4 days that will help my situation because I have to go back to work in a week?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your history of having a wound dehiscence at the perineum and you ha ve to join the work in a short span of time of a week.You can ask your Doctor whether a secondary suturing will help to get the healing faster and better.If the wound is clean, this can be tried.I hope this answers your query.