Rush before sleeping that keeps me up

Patient

Q: Why do i have an andrenaline rush as im about to fall asleep that recurs all night and keeps me up for hours

Symptoms:  As im about to fall alseep i feel like a rush go through me that jolts me up it keeps me up until i am exhausted and finally sleep through it
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

This is a common problem in people and it occurs because people are physically tired but are not tired mentally. Maintain a balanced diet and drink lots of water. Also, you can try reading boring books which should help you go to sleep.

If this does not help you to sleep often, then see a Doctor after a week. Wishing you the best.