Safe sex and possible pregnancy

Q: If you had protected sex but you haven't had it in a while could it throw off your hormones, I have severe anxiety that I could be pregnant, but we checked the condom and it did not tear or leak however I feel sick and nauseous

Symptoms:  Nauseous after meals

A:   Hello.
thanks for contacting for an opinion.

If you have been sexually inactive for some time and during this very episode you are sure that barrier contraception was used and there was no failure or rupture then chances of pregnancy are minimal . However anxiety and stress perse can cause hormonal disbalance leading to delay in period.

So best would be to rule out pregnancy by either a urine preg test if you have missed period already or with a serum beta hcg level if you are in the last week of your cycle.

I hope i have amswered yoir query in detail.
wishing you good health.