Safe Sex and Pregnancy

Patient

Q: I am a couple of days away from my next 'predicted' period.
I've had a fairly regular cycle up until now but since my sister's visit, I don't know if we would 'sync up' and change that.

However, last night, my boyfriend and I had sex when we noticed that the condom was broken. I took Plan B just to be extra sure to be on the safe side, even though I'm technically on my safe zone (non-fertile period).

My boyfriend and I always used a condom when we had intercourse, but since this incident, I've been reflecting and realized that we always had begun with penetration without a condom until he was fully aroused. Only then he would put on a condom to continue. I am not worried about pre ejaculation, but I am left wondering if any residual semen that is left inside or around his penis from the previous session could get me pregnant when it re-enters my vagina for the following session? I could guess the answer, but would like a professional opinion.

I've checked the calendar and found out that we were intimate on the day of my predicted ovulation so now I'm worried.

Since I've taken the morning-after pill, I already had in mind to take the pregnancy test 2 weeks from now but if I was already at the risk of getting pregnant on my ovulation day, obviously the emergency contraceptive pill is not going to be effective.

I am still going to take the pregnancy test 2 weeks from now, so I have three questions:

1. Can a woman get pregnant from residual semen left inside the urethra or around the penis?

2. Will Plan B become a factor in altering the result of a home pregnancy test?

3. What are some of the earliest signs of pregnancy that could be detected before taking the pregnancy test?

Doctor