Saw my period twice last month havn’t seen it yet

Patient: Saw my period twice last month.. havn’t seen it yet this month should I expect it?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many caus es like weight changes, stress and strain,lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease etc leading to gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.As you had two menstrual periods in last month, because of the blood loss or because of above mentioned possible causes of irregular periods, this month menstrual period might have got delayed.If there is any possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.If the test gives a negative result and irregularity persists, better to get evaluated.By clinical examination and by investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care.