Scabie contact what should i do

Patient

Q: I just found out my nephew has scabies. I wou lent to know if I should take my family to the hospital since we all had some kind of contact with him today? I have a 1 and 2 yr old

Symptoms:  None yet
Doctor

A:   Hi.

Thanks for writing to ask the doctor.

Scabies is a contagious skin infection caused by scabies mite which spreads from person to person by contact. Since your nephew has scabies it is very important to take these precautions. Keep your nephew’s bathing soap and body lotions separate. His clothes should be washed separately after soaking in hot water. Do not give combined baths to the kids. Better to give the kids shower instead of tub bath. If your kids complain of any itching or rash or are not acting well then I advise you to take them to your physician for a physical examination and proper management.