Scabies after 6 weeks.

Q: Double question regarding scabies:

1. If a person does not show symptoms of scabies after 6 weeks of having sex with someone that had scabies, is that person in the clear? I had sex with someone when I had scabies (unknowingly), I went away for about 5 weeks and came back, and she says she has no symptoms. I have not had sex with her or touched her much at all with fear or re-infestation. She has not been to my apartment either... I've been very careful. While I was away, I successfully eradicated scabies with permethrin for weeks, washed clothes... etc.

2. If she is not in the clear, and say shows symptoms, does she need to be treated along with her roommates? Also, what if her roommates passed it on to their boyfriends/families/friends? How many people need to be treated really??

Thanks in advance,

Post-scabie guy.

Symptoms:  Scabies