Scaning the small intestine

Patient : Is there any way to verify that a doctor surgically removed a part of my small intestine without going through surgery again?
Doctor :   There are imaging test which can 'visualize' the small intestines. These tests are done to aid in the diagnosis of vario us conditions and not usually used to measure the length of the intestines. Also the length of the small intestines varies widely between individuals so even though an estimate could be made, without knowing the length prior to surgery, it would still be difficult to tell if any portion of the small intestines was removed. The adult small intestines varies in length from 3-7 meters!