SCARED 15 year old son found lump in testicle.

Patient : Hello, my 15 year old son bravely went to his dad and told him he found a small lump in his testicle. My husband asked if it was painful, looked like a pimple, discolored and my son said no. My son has sports physicals but rarely gets sick and never complains so to hear my husband tell me our son was "pretty hysterical" really scared me. My son agreed to sit and talk to me as well about the issue and just happened to say "and I have a little lump kinda near my groin but it doesn't hurt" . There was in fact a small hard lump on the right side near his pubic bone. I will be calling our doctor asap but am unsure what questions to ask? Should they do tests? I just don't want to be dismissed. Thank you for your help
Symptoms:  Small hard lump in testicle. Small lump in the groin area(right side)