x
175 Physicians Online

Question:

Scared and confused - post traumatic stress disorder

I suffer from ptsd I some times hear people talking but theres no one there is that a part of ptsd

Answer:

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is characterized by intrusive thoughts, nightmares and flashbacks of past traumatic events, avoidance of reminders of trauma, hypervigilance, and sleep disturbance, all of which lead to considerable social, occupational, and interpersonal dysfunction.
Your symptoms of hearing voices is not a feature of PTSD and is often seen with schizophrenia or if you are taking any halucinogenic substance. I would definitely suggest that you consult a psychiatrist for further evaluation of your symptoms. I hope this answers your query, take care.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA