Scared my knee pain may be serious.

Q: Hello. I am an 18 year old female. I have had knee pain and knee weakness for years now, and it is just now starting to get worse. I am short, so it doesn't seem to be growing pains or OS Disease. I have had one blow to the knee, but I had still had pain before that. Sometimes even the simplest landing on my knee can send a shooting pain through it.

Right now, I have pain in my left knee, on the inner right side. It is tender to slightly hard pressure put on it. I have ice on it.

I am very active, but I am careful to never over-exert myself or push myself too hard. I am scared as to what it could be-- Do you have any idea? Or what path I should take? The pain is dull and achy usually, and causes my knee to feel stiff and weak. Sometimes it can be both knees also.

Symptoms:  Knee pain, knee weakness