Scars

Patient

Q: How to get rid of scars on your face

Doctor

A:   Treatment of scars is often lengthy and never completely effective. There are various procedures available to help in the removal of facial scars. Procedures like Dermabrasion, Microdermabrasion or Chemical Peel may help in some cases. Severe scars may require laser treatment, skin surgery and grafting. Treatment of scars depend on the severity of the scars. You may consult a dermatologist for an opinion and treatment options available in your case.

Guest: I had chicken pox couple of years ago and after that when it got cured it left some marks on my face, and now I wanna get rid of them. Can you please suggest me a way to get rid of such scars?