Scars on the Face after Acne

Patient

Q: Hi i always get pimples on my face but the scars dont go away I have tried different creams but didn't help. is there any other way to help I have also seen a dermatologist but nothing happened people tell it might be due to Iron deficiency

Doctor

A:   Acne sometimes leaves behind scars and pits, especially if the acne has been squeezed or poked.Treatment of acne scars depends on how severe they are. Small scars red or brown in colour may fade over time like 12 months or more, similar to a knee scar from childhood that you might have had falling off a bike. Also procedures like Dermabrasion, Microdermabrasion or Chemical Peel may help speed up the process. For severe scars laser treatment, skin surgery and grafting, autologous fat transfer are the options available for the removal of these scars. You should avoid trying different creams, lotions or face packs because these products may irritate your skin making your scar red and even more visible. Wash your face with clean water several times a day and use oil free lotions if necessary. To control the acne, drink adequate water and exercise regularly to cleanse your system and keep it free from toxins. Iron deficiencies are also an indication of stress on your body, stress which leads to more acne and scarring. Have a healthy nutritious diet and exercise at least 3 to 4 times a week to keep yourself healthy and stress free.