Scheuermanns disease - back pain

Q: My fiance is 46 yrs old. He had lower back pain and went to the clinic. He was xrayed and four of his lower vertebrae were dark in colour. The doctor said that this indicated he had suffered with
Scheuermanns disease as a youth (he has no knowledge of this - although does walk with a very slight hunch - people think its becasue he is tall). They gave him painkillers for the backpain (it started with him picking up something at what he says a strange angle and his back felt funny) but after three weeks the pain still has not gone away - can you advise what he should do about it. I'm submitting his information below.