Schmorl Nodules as a CT scan finding

Patient

Q: I was in a car accident a few days ago and i was taken to the hospital on a back board in the ambulance cause of severe back pain and once i got to the hospital they gave me a CT scan and told me i have schmorl's nodules in my lumbar they didnt tell me exactly what they were at the hospital i had to search it on the internet and it said its basically a herniated disc thats pushed up into my spinal cord. My question is what kind of treatment is there for me? Surgery is the worst care senario and i would like to avoid it as much as possible and while searching the internet i came across what it said a possible treatment for schmorl's nodules its a like a medeival torture type thing where they pull my spine apart which in turn sucks the fluid back into my disc would that be a viable treatment? Please get back to me A.S.A.P and if you could provide me with as much info as possible on the subject i'd be greatly appreciative, Thank you.

Doctor

A:   Multiple herniations of the nucleus pulposus are known as Schmorl nodes , note that Schmorl nodes are not uncommon and may be seen in several diseases as Wilson disease, sickle cell anemia, Scheuermann Disease and spinal stenosis. If the nodules have been producing no symptoms and they are just a imaging study finding, there is no immediate action to take. The back pain that you experienced was related to the car accident and most likely the nodes were a Ct scan finding.