Q: I hope you can help me, i realise this site is from Canada and i am in the uk but still you may be able to help.
I have suffered with sciatica for 21 years. Over the last 10 years it has got worse. In 2008 i had a nerve root block injection this gave me 6 months without any sciatica recurring..
I have been to my gp several times with this problem but all they do is prescribe more medication. I have had physio. I have been to an osteopath. Still the sciatica comes back more and more frequently. Today i am unable to sit down, i have weakness in my right arm and the sciatic pain shooting down my right leg. I have pins and needles in my right foot. I am worried that my gp has not diagnosed an underlying condition as i have just read that sciatica is not a medical condition but is caused by a medical condition.
I am 44 years old and this problem is taking over my life. I have to think twice before doing the simplest of tasks like vacuuming etc. My gp has never seen me at my worst as they wont do a home visit and i cant get there as i cant sit in the car! Please help!