Scoliosis qiestion about my daughter

Q: My 16 year old has scoliosis and has somewhere around a 20 percent curve at her last ex-ray over a year ago. She has recently been in a lot of pain and her legs are giving out on her through out the day. Is there something else causing this or is it just the scoliosis and she has to live with it?

Symptoms:  Lower back pain, legs giving out and having to sit

A:   Hi
Thanks for your query
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.Your daughter is having scoliosis of nearly 20 degrees. Now you are having pains in legs. These pains can be due to scoliosis but it is likely that these pains can be due to other causes such as vitamin D3 deficiency. So you can get her vitamin D3 levels. Furthermore, you can get MRI of region to see any compression however it is less likely. At present, she may take analgesic for pain relief. Multivitamin and trace elements may be supplemented. Hope your query get answered. Wishing you a good health. Take care.