Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Scratching feeling in cervex. Could I be pregnant?

Scratching feeling in cervex. Could I be pregnant?

Patient: The last month i have been having some issues. About two and a half weeks ago i went to the hospital with lower abdominal pain, it felt like something was scratching my cervex. they Did blood work and other comon tests and came back with nothing, i was told i might have had a cyst that burst. They gave me some antibiotics for a bacterial infection and/or parasited, why i don know??? I got my period on Aug 18th 2009 and it ended aug 24th 2009. today is sep 8th and for the last 4 days i have had a drop in body temp, nausia, irregular sleep patterns and what feels like my uterus is stretching, i got my period i think? today the 8th of sep its very clear with streaks of blood. my periods are usually normal and within 3 days of the same time…if im correct im like 2 weeks early or so… COULD I BE PREGNANT?????? SHOULD I TAKE A TEST NOW OR WAIT TILL MY PERIOD IS DUE TO COME???? IM 21 AND SCARED PLEASE HELP!

Doctor: Thank you for your question. I can understand your concern.  I encounter anxiety regarding irregular cycles in my practi ice on a regular basis.  The better pregnancy tests on the market can tell you if you are pregnant within 7 days after conception.  If you have had unprotected sex and it has been at least 7 days since sexual intercourse, I suggest taking the test.If it is negative, you should see you family doctor for further investigations.  If you are experiencing fever or pain, you should see your family doctor sooner.