Scratching feeling in cervex. Could I be pregnant?

Patient

Q: The last month i have been having some issues. About two and a half weeks ago i went to the hospital with lower abdominal pain, it felt like something was scratching my cervex. they Did blood work and other comon tests and came back with nothing, i was told i might have had a cyst that burst. They gave me some antibiotics for a bacterial infection and/or parasited, why i don know??? I got my period on Aug 18th 2009 and it ended aug 24th 2009. today is sep 8th and for the last 4 days i have had a drop in body temp, nausia, irregular sleep patterns and what feels like my uterus is stretching, i got my period i think? today the 8th of sep its very clear with streaks of blood. my periods are usually normal and within 3 days of the same time...if im correct im like 2 weeks early or so... COULD I BE PREGNANT?????? SHOULD I TAKE A TEST NOW OR WAIT TILL MY PERIOD IS DUE TO COME???? IM 21 AND SCARED PLEASE HELP!

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. I can understand your concern.  I encounter anxiety regarding irregular cycles in my practice on a regular basis.  The better pregnancy tests on the market can tell you if you are pregnant within 7 days after conception.  If you have had unprotected sex and it has been at least 7 days since sexual intercourse, I suggest taking the test.
If it is negative, you should see you family doctor for further investigations.  If you are experiencing fever or pain, you should see your family doctor sooner.