Second opinion on chance of pregnancy

Patient : My last started at the beginning of this month and I haven't been sexually active since last month. I took a pregnancy test because my period was late this month and it came up as positive. How is this possible?
Symptoms:  Late period
Doctor :   Hello, If there is a doubt regarding the result of the kit and you are sure that you have not been involved in any sex ual encounter in last month, then it is always better to repeat the test from a different brand name to remove the bias. If that still comes positive and you want a confirmatory test, then you should opt for the blood serum beta hcg test , which checks for the level of hcg in the blood. If the levels are found to be raised then pregnancy is confirmed and vice-versa if the levels are below 1. I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health, regards