Second yeast infection

Patient

Q: I am a healthy young woman, who has had only one partner for 3 years, but has had 2 yeast infections the last couple of months. Evidently, it happens the day after I'm off my monthly and after a night of drinking or from body wash being in that area during my shower- not sure if that has anything to do with it.
The first time it happened I saw a gynaecologist, but this time I haven't because I have moved to a new place and have no transportation. I was wondering if I could take over the counter medication to help this time, seeing it's what helped last time and if it's normal to have a yeast infection again so quickly. Hope you can help!

Doctor