Secondary Hypertension?

Q: I was recently hospitalized with hypertension (240/144 in the ER.) I am a 30 year old female, healthy (a hypoactive thyroid and mild anxiety- which I hadn't been feeling as of late anyway- being my only ailments,) active, non-smoker. I attempted to donate blood on a Thursday and was told my bp was 160/120. When I went to the doctor the following Monday it had spiked to 200/130 and this is when I was sent to the emergency room. The doctors at the hospital found no secondary cause for such a dramatic spike in bp. It had been slightly high in the past (130/90 when I saw my doctor a week before trying to donate blood) but nothing so serious. They hopped me up on bp meds and sent me home. Now a week later, it has gone down but is still high, averaging 170/125. I have a follow up in a few days but is there something I should be asking my doctor about? Is it really possible it was caused by nothing other than family history? Are there other things I should have my doctor test for?

Symptoms:  Hypertension, decrease in stamina when being active, occasional migrain