Selective tension/pinching in upper back/scapula area

Q: Here goes:

About a week ago i started having a discomfort in the area between the scapula and the spine, perhaps even under the scapula a bit. at first it was minor and just seemed like a typical knot. I ignored it and it has worsened to be a constant discomfort, not debilitating, i can perform normal functions just fine, but with plenty of tightness/pinching in that area and surrounding areas.

I was moving around some heavy pots, but did not notice any of those actions result in immediate pain.

I've been massaging the area with the ball between a wall technique, and while that does feel good after, it is not long lasting. i feel a general tension there constantly, which again feels just like a sore back/knot.

Just the other day i had to go do a video shoot and had a heavy backpack on for a few hours and that didn't actually bother it much at all.

things that cause tension/pinching/stiffness:

-lifting arm strait up
-sometimes when taking a deep breath
-standing up touching toes
-sometimes when turning my head 180 the other way
-a little when placing the palm up and over to the back
-a little from self hug
-sometimes from pulling shoulders into chest.
-if i lift the shoulder up, then drop it down, i feel a pinch on the way down

things that don't set it off:
-lifting the arm strait out
-lifting the arm to the side

i've been using topical and internal arnica as well as bengay. Some

Any insight would be appreciated, i do want to go to a doctor to get it checked out, but which type of doctor should i see?

Symptoms:  selective tension/pinching in upper back/scapula area