Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Semi hard erection: What are the causes?

Semi hard erection: What are the causes?

Patient: I have just started taking Cialis 10 mg tablets for erectile dysfunction. I have only taken one tablet each time but whilst the shaft is reasonably hard the tip is soft and whilst I maintain a hard during foreplay once into penetration I olose stifness. Why is this.

Doctor: There are various factors and causes of erectile dysfunction. Some may be pyschological while others may be organic like a back involvement leading to compression of the nerves, other medication, peripheral nerve involvement in diabetes etc. I would advice you to see a physician in person for a more detailed history and further investigations if deemed necessary. All the best