Sensation of food "getting stuck " in the Esophagus- Blockage?

Patient : About five days ago, I noticed that when I swallowed food, I would have the sensation that it was getting stuck about halfway down. It isn't enough to keep me from eating. There is no pain associated with it and I have no other symptoms. The symptoms are slightly worse now and it is even noticeable when I drink liquids. I became a vegetarian about five years ago because of a year long battle with acid reflux. Since becoming a vegetarian, I have not had a single episode of acid reflux or heartburn. I am 6" 2" and I weigh 165lbs. I exercise regulary and am not taking any medications. I take a couple of Advil liquigels maybe two or three times a year if I get a headache. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks p.s. Although I have never been overweight, before I had a problem with acid reflux, I over-ate regularly.
Doctor :   The symptoms you mention may be signs of different Esophageal conditions. At present it is not possible to make an accur ate and correct diagnosis without further physical examination and tests , however some of the causes that could lead to similar symptoms include Esophageal stricture ( narrowing of the esophagus) Esophageal / Lower esophageal Cancer Achalasia ( Esophageal muscular condition) Esophageal spasm Your symptoms are certainly concerning as they began with solids and have progressed to even on drinking liquids. You will need a Barium Swallow Xray ( Xray taken after you swallow some radioative substance inorder to dinf where the blockage is)  followed by a possible Endoscopy to see exactly what is obstructing you esophagus. Your prior history of acid reflux also serves as a risk factor for these symptoms. I would advice you to arrange an appointment with you physician for a further indepth analysis of the problem.