Sensation of heat in leg

Patient : I have surges of heat under the skin of my right shin. It is not a burning sensation, just a feeling of heat in one spot. It only last for a few seconds than it's gone. It happens once or twice during the day. It is not painful just noticeable.
Symptoms:  Feeling of heat in right leg
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for posting your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. It could be due to a nerve rel ated problem. Such burning sensation or numbness along the extremities arise because of vitamin deficiency. It can also happen secondary to Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus ( mostly long term ) due to neuropathy related problems. You need to start a good multivitamin supplement like Neurobion Forte, and get your vitamin b 12 levels evaluated. If you are a diabetic then you can get your blood sugar levels checked. Hope this was helpful, Regards.