Sensitive Penis and Premature Ejaculation

Patient

Q: I have a huge problem with premature ejaculation. I've noticed that I have an oversensitive penis and (in my opinion the bigger problem) when I was younger I masturbated very quickly and not I feel my penis is "structured" to ejaculate very quickly. Some of my past problems have been ejaculating within 5 or 10 seconds of oral sex and under a minute of masturbating. Also, when me and a girl were getting kind of physical, I came in my pants which she didn't find out but it enormously embarrassing. I am 18 years old and would love any insight you could give me on the issue. Is there any regimen that I could do to eventually solve this problem. I am not opposed to long term treatment, quite frankly, I'd prefer it. Thanks for anything you could tell me!

Symptoms:  Premature ejaculation, sensitive penis
Doctor

A:   Premature ejaculation (PE) occurs when a man experiences orgasm and expels semen soon after sexual activity and with minimal penile stimulation. It has also been called early ejaculation, rapid ejaculation, rapid climax or premature climax. Many physical and mental conditions possibly can cause PE and multiple treatments are postulated. Stress is the commonest cause in most and treating stress conditions improves the outlook. Certain other chronic ailments may also cause PE. Please visit your physician and discuss the issue who may refer you to an appropriate specialist, if required.

However, you may meet the diagnostic criteria for premature ejaculation if you:

Always or nearly always ejaculate within one minute of penetration
Are unable to delay ejaculation during intercourse all or nearly all of the time
Feel distressed and frustrated, and tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result

Both psychological and biological factors can play a role in premature ejaculation. Although many men feel embarrassed to talk about it, premature ejaculation is a common and treatable condition. Medications, counseling and sexual techniques that delay ejaculation — or a combination of these — can help improve sex for you and your partner. The other symptoms may be related to different medical issues that need through investigation. Please consult a family physician, who may refer you to a psychiatrist and a sexual wellness expert, if required.