Sensitivity to touch with jabbing pain

Patient

Q: Last year I was stung by a yellow jacket three times on my right side near my breast. A few days ago I woke up with a jabbing pain and sensitivity in the same area. It radiated up through my neck to my ear. I have an earache and sore throat that have jabbing pain at intervals. This is occurring only on my right side. This morning I woke up with less jabbing and sensitivity, but with a stiff neck and back pain. Still have the earache. throat still sore but not as bad. Could this be the result from the stings a year ago? I have a great immune system. Had the Flu once in 1965 and a cold about 20 years ago.

Symptoms:  Sensitivity to touch, jabbing pain, sore throat, earache. No other symptoms. Don't feel sick, no fever.
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
It won't be due to the episode you had a year back.
Following are the possibilities in your case:
1. Muscular pain due to spasm.
2. Impending Herpes Zoster.
Examine properly for any small lesion over the chest area. If you have see your doctor immediately.
I would also advise you to do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac gel locally.
Even after adopting these remediea the problem persists you would require to see your doctor.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.