September 2014 I was diagnosed with blood clot in leg

Q: September 2014 I was diagnosed with blood clot in leg and lungs. 5 1/2 months later I went to er got an ultra sound and they said they didn't find a clot in leg. February 6th 2015 they took me off blood thinners. If I don't have a blood clot why does my foot and leg swell up still what are the changes of the clot coming back.

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Venous leakage syndrome due to previous DVT episode as a complication of DVT. In case you are already on DVT Medicines, then DVT is very unlikely.
Risk of developing DVT after stopping the DVT medications is based on what were the risk factors behind the development of DVT.
Share my opinion with your Doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.