Septoplastic surgery

Q: I had a septoplasty surgery dec.13 and got the stints out 7 days later like any septoplasty surgery but the doctor didn't remove any part of the septum. What is this called? why did he have to make an incision on the septum if he didn't remove anything? And also I just got over sneezing a lot of times during the days after the surgery is that normal? Thank you for looking at my question

A:   Septoplasty is a surgical repair of improper or deviated nasal septum. It is not removal of septum. It is only a correction surgery, of nasal septum, which gets deviated due to many other reasons like infections, allergy, trauma, etc. So Along with septoplasty, the underlying disease must be treated else, the problem recurs. Sneezing after surgery is not normal, consult your surgeon immediately as it might cause serious breathing difficulties later.