Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sequel post brain trauma 14 years ago

Sequel post brain trauma 14 years ago

Patient: When my sister was 5 she fell from a building.For a while the right half of her body was paralyzed.Now at 19,the only problem she has,is her right hand which she has a bit of problem moving around. It has no apparent physical demage, but its hard to open and close and move it around like her left hand.I just wanted to know whether a solution for this would be possible through surgery or any other way….? It’s no need for a specific answer, only if you know if this is possible? Thank you very much!!

Doctor: The situation that you are describing correspond to a sequel of a 14 years ago brain trauma, honestly, there is not too much to expect in performing surgery now, but she might gain more functionality with Occupational and Physical therapy.