Serious knee pain x 2 weeks

Q: Two weeks ago after a visit to my physical therapy appt ,I stated having serious knee pain,the next morning I went to urgent care where I was told I had patellar tendinopathy ,then 4 days later I seen my doctor who xray my knee,which upon said the result was normal and give me pain pills and sent me has now been over 2 weeks and I'm still in extreme pain and until to walk. I don't know what to do..can you help?

Symptoms:  Extreme pain in knee,with some numbness,not much swelling

A:   Hi,
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having patellar tendinopathy as suggested by emergency care doctor. Your x rays are normal as said by your doctor. Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Rest to joint is important and helpful in relieving pain. You can take strong analgesic such as tramadol if pain relief is not there with ibuprofen. I found very good results in my clinical practice by local application of triamcilone injection. You can discuss with your treating doctor about it. You can further investigate it by MRI of knee joint.
Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.