Patient: Hi,I am currently taking serophone this is my first cycle is always every 28 days exactly,I’m now tWo days late on my cycle,I have the following symptoms ,sore and swollen breast,discharge and cramps on my left side constantly.i have taken a test which has come back negative .Are there side effects from taking serophone ,which stops Or delays your cycle.Should I do another test?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Serophene (Clomiphene) is a medication that is used to treat infertility by inducing the re lease of an egg from the ovary. Clomiphene can indeed have side effects of delaying one’s monthly menstrual period, as well as breast tenderness, lower abdominal cramping and discharge. If you are trying to get pregnant it is important that you follow up with your doctor to have be examined and have a pregnancy despite your negative home pregnancy test. This will provide the best way at determining for certain if you pregnant. Please be guided accordingly.Thank you for consulting

View all posts