Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > SeroVital hgh supplements safe for various ages and lifestyles?

SeroVital hgh supplements safe for various ages and lifestyles?

Patient: My mom was watching Dr. Oz and saw him talk about this serovital hgh pills (basically amino acids that help boost natural production of hgh). She wanted me to go online and see if it was safe for her to take. she excercises regularly, eats healthy, and is 52 yrs old. Would it also benefit my dad who works hard but has less time to work out? Like if he were planning on working out mostly on weekends, take the supplements friday, saturday, and sunday, to help him boost his energy.Also, my little brother is turning 14, still going through puberty, but is pretty short for his age. Hes around 5 ft tall currently. And my mom was curious if taking this might help him grow a little bit. he is a phenomenal athlete and takes after me (Used to play college basketball) and has Division 1 potential. He easts pretty healthy and is active all day. Nobody has taken any of these supplements yet but were just curious about each family members situation and who it is safe for and who it could benefit the most. Thank you so much for your time!Tyler

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The studies on this supplement supporting its ability to increase natural human growth horm one levels are not widely accepted. Furthermore, the efficacy and safety of this supplement is not supported by the Food and Drug Administration. Even though components that make up this supplement are considered safe, when taken together it is uncertain if it will work or if there will be any adverse side effects. We do not recommend taking this supplement. Growth is primarily genetically predetermined. Should you maintain a proper diet and exercise routine, you can expect to grow optimally.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medical query.