Seven month old not Producing Wetr Diapers

Patient: I have a 7 month old daughter that has only had 2 wet diapers toay, is crying alot, isn’t drinking a lot, is coughing and tugging at her ears what should i do?

Doctor: I understand your concern about your babys health. According to the description that you made about the signs and sympto ms a possibility of ear infection also known as Otitis Media might need to be ruled out by her Pediatrician.This inflammation often begins when infections that cause sore throats, colds, or other respiratory or breathing problems spread to the middle ear. These can be viral or bacterial infections. Seventy-five percent of children experience at least one episode of otitis media by their third birthday. Almost half of these children will have three or more ear infections during their first 3 years.In the meantime you could give her Childrens Tylenol to calm down the pain until she receives a more detailed examination to rule out other possibilities. This medication would also help if fever is present or develops. Keep hydrating her and watch for signs of high fever, vomits and increased irritability. I wish her a prompt recovery.