Sever back pain and burning on urination

Patient: I am 22 years old and have had intense lower back pain for the past 6 months (possibly longer). I’ve also had frequent headaches and am constantly fatigued. My doctor has sent me for blood tests and put me on anti-depressants, but I do not feel he is listening to me. For the past week, whenever I urinate there is a burning sensation for the last half of the time I am urinating and there is a small amount of blood in my urine. It also has a very strong, unusual smell. Do you have any suggestions on what could be wrong with me?

Doctor: Starting with your most recent problem ie the burning on urination along with blood and smell in the urine, this most li kely is due to a urinary tract infection. You need to get your urine tested for the same and start on some anitbiotic medication. However taking into account your back pain you may also be having a kidney infection which is imperative to rule out. However this is accompanied by fever and a general unwell feeling. Please consult your physician in person for a complete physcial examination and urine culture testing. I hope this helps. All the best.