Sever khansi in the evening not subsiding from last one and half month

Q: My father is suffering from severe khansi from last one and half month...evry evening after comming home he get this khansi and it makes his eyes red becz of severe khansi and he cannot eat after it...Please suggest is it becz of some allergy or something else and how to get rid of it.

A:   Thank you for your question. Your father's chronic cough could be due to a lung infection or severe allergies to a substance within his immediate environment. We strongly recommend that he follow up with his doctor to have a lung examination, test for TB, chest x rays, allergy testing to determine what is causing this cough. Once diagnosed the appropriate treatment will be prescribed to which his symptoms will likely be controlled.

Thank you for consulting