Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sever lower abdomen pain, endomitriosis

Sever lower abdomen pain, endomitriosis

Patient: I was diagnosed with endometriosis last July with a laporoscopy, I was told to go back on the pill due to this. I have been taking the pill as told to by the doctor. the past two weeks I have been getting left lower abdomen pain and the past 24hours have been very sever and painful, not sure if I should contact my gp and go for an appointment or if I should go straight down to the hospital

Symptoms: Sever lower left abdomen pain

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comThere is no reason to wait for the pain to pass, but instead report to the ER immediately and sooner. You may be subjected to an immediate ultrasound to rule out any ovarian torsion or any cyst rupture and treated accordingly.With history of endometriosis and on continuous progesterone pills to avoid menses and also offer contraception to reduce the endometrial lesions usually cannot e the reason of such pains, unless you may have missed any pills and these are probably PMS associated menstrual cramps which are severer due to associated endometriosis as well.In either case a hospital visit is justifed.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards