Several years ago I hyper extended my back and something

Patient

Q: Several years ago I hyper extended my back and something came lose. A week after that the pain got so bad that i went to the hospital. They took x-rays and said nothing was wrong, but the pain persisted. I moved to Nevada 6 years ago. The disc moved from the right side of my lower back to the left. Pain is still there everytime i bend over or try to pick something up. Now I am detecting an ammonia smell coming from the area immediately surrounding the disc. What is that smell and should I be worried?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

There is almost no way that you could have an ammonia smell without you having severe infection or fever. I guess you are smelling something and interpreting it wrongly. I recommend that you see a Doctor and confirm the diagnosis. See a Doctor as soon as possible. All the best.

Hope this helps you.