Severe abdominal pain during pregnancy

Patient

Q: I have a 9 month old baby and am currently 26 weeks old pregnant with our second child. I have been having severe lower abdominal pain that is consistent. It is much worse after laying down or sitting. I cannot bend over and can only hold my daughter for a short period of time without severe pain. I am not sure why it is so bad?

Symptoms:  Severe abdominal pain, vomiting, severe cramping, trouble walking and bending over, unable to carry heavy items
Doctor

Any kind of pain during pregnancy, especially an abdominal pain with cramps must not be ignored. Your symptoms are more likely to point towards a urinary tract infection or a preterm labor.
It is important to consult a gynecologist immediately and get yourself examined to rule out the above causes. Till then drink plenty of water, avoid lifting heavy weights and strenuous activities.

Hope this helped.