Severe anxity

Patient

Q: Severe anxity

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com
Anxiety is becoming a major health issue nowadays and is extremely common in all age-groups.

It is also the reason why people have other health issues such as hypertension, obesity, tremors, palpitations, heart problems, e.t.c

You have mentioned Zoloft and Xanax. These are the standard drugs that are recommended to patients diagnosed with a generalised anxiety disorder. In most cases, these medicines significantly lower the anxiety levels, letting the patient focus better on the job, or get past the reason behind anxiety. In some cases, it is more psychological, hence a few sessions with a clinical psychologist also helps.

Please let me know what symptoms you have in the follow-up.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.