Severe back pain coinciding with period?

Patient

Q: For the last few days I have been enduring the most excruciating back pain I've ever experienced. Some 6 months ago, I would wake up in the morning with this back pain which would quickly disappear. It wasn't anything major so I didn't think anything of it. It seemed to disappear for a while, or at least I stopped noticing it, until a few days ago..
I remember feeling slightly nauseous and then started getting cramps and figured my period was on the way, which came the next day. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, I started experiencing severe lower back pain around my pelvis to the point where I haven't been able to move at times.. I managed to see one doctor who literally did nothing for me. I've been taking pain killers which aren't doing much, as well as anti-inflammatories which seem to be working a little.
I'm wondering if my back pain is linked to my period? It doesn't feel muscular and I don't recall doing anything to aggravate my muscles or joints in such an aggressive way.

Symptoms:  Severe lower back pain coinciding with period
Very little period pain (less than usual)
Very light flow (less than usual)
Doctor

A:   You have complained of low back pain during menstrual period or menses. It is medically termed as menstruation back ache. It is seen in few individual. Analgesics before the anticipated pain starts,helps a lot. Avoiding tea, coffee and other beverages, healthy diet, plenty of food, regular exercises, will help you to learn a lot. Few women might be cured by medication or birth control pills. Consult a gynecologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.