Severe costochondritis

Patient : I need help i been diognosed with bad cosocondritis .. i have been given anti inflamitries , but im in agony i canot sit up or lay down because im in so much pain , im finding it hard to breathe and cannot even touch my chest ... my chest pains are servere what should i do
Doctor :    Costochondritis is not a serious condition but very annoying indeed and have a slow healing process. By a spasm or a di irect trauma the intercostal nerves and the cartilages got injured, and that’s why you are feeling that stabbing pain every time you take a deep breath, sneeze or cough. The suggested strategy would be: please, try to be patient and do not expect an overnight improvement, take the anti inflammatory medication (“Aleve”, “Motrin”), and also Vitamin B12 supplement. Local moist heat helps to ease the pain. Try to avoid activities that worsen the pain. The healing time is different to each patient in particular but generally takes about 6-8 weeks.