x
89 Physicians Online

Question:

Severe cramping two days after intercourse

I had sex the first time 2 days ago. i have been on birh control for 6 months now and take it every day at the same time. we had sex without a condom. i have severe cramps almost like period cramps now. is this normal?

Answer:

I do understand your concern. Unprotected sex could put you at a risk of sexually transmitted infections. However, in my opinion , the cause of your abdominal cramps could be due to bladder cystitis. I would advise that you increase your fluid intake to relieve your symptoms. If your symptoms worsen, see your doctor for a urinalysis. Antibiotics may be required in the presence of infection.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.