x
Browse
155 Physicians Online

Question:

Severe cramping two days after intercourse

I had sex the first time 2 days ago. i have been on birh control for 6 months now and take it every day at the same time. we had sex without a condom. i have severe cramps almost like period cramps now. is this normal?

Answer:

I do understand your concern. Unprotected sex could put you at a risk of sexually transmitted infections. However, in my opinion , the cause of your abdominal cramps could be due to bladder cystitis. I would advise that you increase your fluid intake to relieve your symptoms. If your symptoms worsen, see your doctor for a urinalysis. Antibiotics may be required in the presence of infection.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA