Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Severe headaches or migraines everyday that make me very sensitive

Severe headaches or migraines everyday that make me very sensitive

Patient: Severe headaches or migraines everyday that make me very sensitive to loud noises or light and it has been this way ever since I was little and I am 16 now and my eye doctor says I don’t need glasses they don’t know what’s wrong I drink plenty of water have a well balanced diet excercise please help

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Refractive errors or vision problems are the not the only cause for migraine. It can be triggered with stress, changing lights, noise, ear problems, infections, intracranial pressure changes, tumors, food items and even fumes and smell.Kindly see a neurologist or a physician for an examination and to rule out the cause and treat you accordingly. You will need to take medications for a long time if it is migraine headache.Avoid the things which trigger an attack, try identifying the cause and stay away from them. Reduce stress.Hope this helped.Regards