Severe Leg Cramps and there isnt a category for this

Patient: I had leg cramps and then i walked it out but after a while it starts to hurt again so when i go to walk it out it feels like it going to start leg cramping again. i cant sit down or lay down.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may be experiencing a condition known as intermittent claudication. This condition occurs due to decreased circulation in the lower extremities which cause cramping and pain. With the process of walking, circulation is increased, and this pain and cramping is relieved. In order to treat intermittent claudication the underlying cause needs to be addressed. Causes of this could be due to deep venous thromboses, varicose veins, or peripheral arterial disease. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to have your legs examined an have an ultrasound of your legs to help elucidate the cause of your leg cramps.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com