Severe lower back and right-side pain.

Patient : I'm having pains in my back so severe that it is causing me to have difficulty breathing.What is causing this?
Symptoms:  I am having difficulty breathing.I am in extreme pain.It hurts to lay, sit, or walk. I had been feeling sick before this happened,and figured I had maybe caught a cold. Just when I started feeling better, this happened.
Doctor :   Hello Thank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor” Even though there is no direct relationship between COPD and ba d back pain, but one may experience back pain due to orthopaedic ailment. There is a possibility of osteoporosis of bones (ribs and vertebra) leading to pain. Associated osteoarthritis and muscle weakness may worsen the pain. X ray spine and bone scan may reveal gravity of osteoporosis responsible for your back pain. Calcium supplements and painkillers may help in relieving your back pain. Please see your doctor. Wish you a good health.