Severe lower back pain

Q: A couple of months ago I was bieng bothered by some occasional back pain, now its constant and sharp pain. I figured it would go away and have been taking naproxen which helped take the pain away a little bit during the day and a muscle relaxer at night which doent seam to help just makes me tired and i wake again with instant pain, taken them for it and still havent seen a doctor. My mom finally schedued me an appointment with a chropractor but ive heard so many stories of it not working and the people who went ended up in more pain and actually recieved more inury from it. Should I see my doctor first or try the chiropractor? also if you can tell me why my back might be like this thta would help since im only 19 and shouldnt be experencing back pain expecially since i alsoways lift with my legs and always make sure if its too heavy to get another person to help. I have no idea why it started hurting but I remember it was odd because I was seaping and awoke to back ain but it wasnt as bad as it isnow. Just standingor even laying or sitting hurt my back

Symptoms:  Sore back, lower back, seams as if the pain is also spreading to middle of back,constant pain, muscle relaxers arnt working just maks me sleepy then i wak up with still the pain. pain goes away for maybe an hour after i take ibuprofen and then is back.