Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Severe pain every month 4 years after my last c section

Severe pain every month 4 years after my last c section

Patient: I am having severe pain every month 4 years after my last c section , I have had two. It starts in my ovary area and radiates bad through my legs so bad that my only relief is a heating pad in which now it looks like I have a red vein pattern on my inner thighs. It is debilitating to where I feel like I can’t function. I have no insurance what do I need to do?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The pain you may be experiencing can be due to a number of causes. Given it’s cyclical natu re every month, it could be due to endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, fibroids of the uterus, or cancer. Some of these may are not life threatening illnesses but can cause serious complications and result in severe pain as you have experienced. We strongly recommend you see a gynecologist to evaluate you for the cause of this pain, and institute the appropriate treatment as soon as possible. You may also need surgical intervention to treat your condition.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com